Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Magebreakers series

 Magebreakers series by Ben S. Dobson

The Flaw in All Magic

4.5 Stars

I love this book but I think I'm suffering a bookhangover from the last book so I just couldn't give this a 5. It's a very good fantasy book but I'm stuck in UF land. However none of the UFs in my TBR list grabbed me. This did. Which is why I read it so fast after my March book.  I was in the mood to read and this hooked me and kept me reading. 

In this world Magic is persecuted/frowned upon in all countries but the Protectorate. There are every imaginable magical/mystical creature/beings populating this world but not all of them have magic. The Protectorate however is mostly comprised of Magical people and has a University dedicate to teaching magic.

The main MMC is magicless but had fooled the University into believing he did. He was expelled but he managed to make a small living as a magical consultant. Then an impossible murder happened at the University and he was called in. There he met the main FMC who was one of the campus guard(and a non-magical Orc) They combine their talents and go after the murderer. 

The rest of the books of this 5 book series is in my TBR list now. I will read them as I have the money and time.


No comments:

Post a Comment