Thursday, November 12, 2020

Jazzi Zander Mysteries

 The Jazzi Zander Mysteries by Judi Lynn

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=jazzi+zanders+mysteries&crid=1HQD6HYS8EW0L&sprefix=jazzi+z%2Caps%2C221&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_1_7

4 stars

I have read the five that are out. Loved them.  While I know that a detective would not drag around a civilian with him, I still found these books quite good. 

The Body in the Attic is the first book in the series and starts off with Jazzi finding the body of her long-lost aunt in a trunk in the attic of her latest fixer-upper. 

Jazzi, Ansel, and Jerod are believable and likeable characters as are the rest of the family. You grow to care about them all and I'm glad to see the author puts more of them in each successive book.

The pacing is good and doesn't bog you down. No lagging.

I had read the first book in another series with the same premise of a rehabber solving mysteries. That one I just couldn't get into. This one caught me from the first chapter. And it held me through the other four books.

If you can suspend your knowledge of knowing that detectives don't involve civilians in their investigations then you should give this series a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment