Sunday, November 21, 2021

Paranormal museum mysteries

 The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum Mysteries

Paranormal Museum Mysteries by Kirsten Weiss

3 Stars

Paranormal museum book 1

These are in first person, just to warn you, as I know some do not like that POV.

I enjoyed the few that I read but really didn't get into them. I read the first three to get a sample of them. They were okay but not really my taste. 

However the idea is good and kept me going through the books. As I said I did enjoy the storyline. 

In the first book, the MC was a successful business person who was fired because she refused to bribe someone for her company and had to return to her hometown. One of her best friends unloads the Museum on her. When that best friend and her are suspected of murder, the MC goes sleuthing and the Museum hides the clue needed to clear them both.   

It's not a bad little series. I liked the blurb for the first one so I gave it a chance and enjoyed it enough to order the next one. The MC's reoccurring 'nemesis' being a cop and showing up every time the MC got in trouble was a good part of the storyline for me. Kept a bit of tension for the plot. 

However there wasn't enough paranormal in this mystery series for me. At least not in the 3 I read. There were only hints of the paranormal. With paranormal in the title you expect some paranormal, not things that can be explained away or barely mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment